How to Quickly Reset Your Day
Toddler tantrums, work frustrations, traffic, never-ending homework… Life’s challenges are many, but you can reset your whole day in just a few minutes.
- Take a fast walk. Five minutes of getting your blood flowing will increase your level of naturally mood-lifting endorphins.
- Light a candle. Candles are scientifically proven to soothe us. The gentle warmth of their light is calming and comforting. At Thistle Farms, we light a candle every day for the women who are still “out there” on the streets.
- Drink a glass of water. Even mild dehydration can increase fatigue and cause headaches.
- Clear off your desktop. This goes for computer desktops and actual desk and countertops. A cluttered and chaotic workspace leads to a cluttered and chaotic mind.
- Breathe in your favorite essential oil. Place a couple drops of essential oils into your hands, rub together, then breathe deeply with your hands covering your face. Your body and mind will appreciate the topical and inhalation methods essential oil therapy being used together and the extra oxygen is a bonus!