Thistle Farms Inc. is a private 501(c)(3). Gifts are tax deductible as per federal laws.
Please see below for details about tax receipts, donor communication, anonymous gifts and in-kind contributions.
DONATIONS & TAX RECEIPTS
- GIVING ONLINE
- Receive an automatic tax receipt!
- Set up a gift as recurring or give gift as a tribute.
- Set up an account and access your giving info all year long.
- GIVING BY CHECK
- Send to Thistle Farms Inc., 5122 Charlotte Pike, Nashville 37209 ( please do not make check out in the name of Magdalene).
- Check donations over $100.00: Tax receipts will be sent by email if on file, otherwise by mail.
- Check donations $100.00 and under? Your processed check from your bank is sufficient for the IRS but you can request a tax receipt at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may download a receipt anytime by creating a giving account.
- Please include a name and address if your gift is a tribute to someone; allow 2 weeks for processing.
- IN KIND GIFTS
- Receipts will be provided for donations of physical items. Gifts of services are not tax deductible.
- Please check the list below for items we can use and contact: email@example.com to coordinate delivery, firstname.lastname@example.org for a receipt.
- Note: we can confirm the item but are unable to place a value on it (you may do this yourself and attach it to our receipt).
- TRIBUTE GIFTS
- Interested in making a donation in honor or memory of someone? Find more information and fill out the (optional) form here.
DONOR COMMUNICATION & ANONYMOUS GIFTS
- Our quarterly e-newsletter, The Thistle Farmer, is designed to inform and recognize supporters; it is sent to all donors if we have an email on file.
- You can opt-out anytime and manage additional communication options here.
- The annual report will be issued in the fall after the close of our fiscal year (June 30); a digital version will be available on this website (FY2017 is available here), in The Thistle Farmer or by emailing email@example.com.
- Public Acknowledgement/Anonymity:
- In The Thistle Farmer newsletter, all gifts in that quarter will be recognized in general categories (not specific amounts); in the Annual Report, Light Bearer supporters (gifts of $1,000 more in a year) will be acknowledged.
- If you prefer your gift is anonymous, please note: 1. When prompted online; or 2. In your check memo field; or 3. by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in hosting an event to benefit Thistle Farms? Fill out this form and we will be back in touch!
Be informed! Visit our profile on GivingMatters/Guidestar to review our audits and 990s.
IN-KIND DONATION DETAILS
Thank you so much for thinking of us for your in-kind donations. Items we can use include:
New or gently used kitchen items: pots, pans, serving/eating utensils, dishes, and countertop appliances
New or gently used linens, towels
Kitchen and bathroom cleaning supplies
Hard-surface furnishings (dinette sets, beds, desks) on a very limited basis
Countertop kitchen appliances in very good working order
Due to limited space, there are some items we are unable to accept, including clothing, shoes, soft-surface furnishings, cars, outdoor furniture, decorative items, or anything in the list above that is broken, stained, or needs repair.
if you have items to donate. Unscheduled drop-offs cannot be accepted.