Financials & Board Leadership
Over 20 years, Thistle Farms has worked to build and maintain the trust of our stakeholders — our supporters, our staff, and the community we serve.
Thistle Farms Board of Directors 2018-2019
- Erin Baler 4Patriots, LLC
- Dick Lodge Bass Berry Sims
- Menié Bell Joel Solomon Company
- Lucia Mar, Treasurer Bank of America
- Christine Bradley, President-Elect Vanderbilt University
- Mary Catherine McClellan Co-Founder, Taigan
- Dr. Deborah A. Cole Community Leader and Volunteer
- Elizabeth McDonald Community Leader and Volunteer
- Parag Desai Genesco Inc.
- Sara Beth Myers U.S. Attorney's Office
- Sherry Stewart Deutschmann, Board President Sunset Ventures, Letter Logic, Inc.
- Ericka Monroe, Graduate Liason Federal Public Defenders Office
- Carlana Harwell Community Leader and Volunteer
- Mekesha Montgomery Frost Brown Todd
- David Hutchens Author / Leadership Development Consultan
- Sherri L. Neal HCA Healthcare
- Jay Joyner Joyner & Hogan Printers, Inc.
- Ashley Northington DENOR Brands + Public Relations
- Jimmy Leach Community Leader and Volunteer
- John F. Secrest Ingram Content
- Jim Lewis, Secretary Community Hospitality LLC
- Clint Smith Community Leader and Volunteer
IRS 990 Filings
Charity Navigator Rating
Charity Navigator is America's premier independent charity evaluator. They help charitable givers make intelligent giving decisions by providing in-depth, objective ratings and analysis of the financial health and accountability & transparency of America's largest charities. Charity Navigator awarded Thistle Farms, three out of a possible four stars. Receiving three out of a possible four stars indicates that Thistle Farms adheres to good governance and other best practices that minimize the chance of unethical activities and consistently executes its mission in a fiscally responsible way. Click here to review our three star rating.
We collect, use and disclose a donor’s personal information only for specific internal use. This includes: establishing and managing a relationship with a donor, providing information on Thistle Farms news and events, soliciting funds that help us reach our financial goals, and processing gifts and returning appropriate receipts.
To publicly recognize and thank them for their generosity, we occasionally publish the names of our donors. All who wish to remain anonymous will be honored. Individuals who donate or volunteer their time to Thistle Farms and share with us their personal information may be added to future mailing lists, including an email list for our monthly newsletter.
We will not sell, share, or trade our donors' names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations.
This policy applies to all information received by Thistle Farms, both online and offline, on any Platform ("Platform", includes the Shopify, Kindful, and Square as well as mobile applications), and any electronic, written, or oral communications.
To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation.
Thistle Farms is an equal opportunity workforce and does not discriminate with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. In order to provide equal employment to all individuals, employment decisions at Thistle Farms will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Employees are not to show prejudice or discrimination in matters concerning customers, visitors, or fellow employees under any circumstances. Thistle Farms will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.