The barista is responsible for selling, creating, preparing and serving all beverages, pastries and other food items with friendly, individualized attention towards each customer. The barista fulfills any other duties management assigns and represents The Cafe at Thistle Farms in a professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- - Ensures that all customers are educated on our products and services.
- - Maintains the highest quality, consistent product standards.
- - Follows all company drink recipes and procedures.
- - Develops an understanding of coffee and tea regions and the various - differences in flavor and blends.
- - Begins to educate themselves on the various types of coffee, tea -products, blends and roasts.
- - Greets all customers with fast, friendly, personalized service and develops a rapport with customers by learning their names, favorite drinks and food items.
- - Ensures “flow” of the restaurant
- - Verbally receives and calls back customer orders in a friendly manner.
- - Reports all customer complaints to manager on duty.
- - Responds proactively to prevent customer service situations.
- - Accurately rings sales orders into cash register and counts back change to customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
- - Answers telephone in a courteous and friendly manner including, but not limited to, giving store greeting, directions to store location, and receiving and filling customer orders.
- - Answers customer questions regarding coffee/tea blends, preparation, and product freshness.
- - Sells and serves baked goods, specials, lunch, and breakfast items to customers.
- - Maintains efficient, friendly service.
- - Prepares and sells coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as nitro coffee, hot tea, specialty coffee drinks, espresso, and cappuccino.
- - Restocks inventory when necessary.
- - Routinely cleans front-of-house.
- - Assists in the distribution of weekly shipments.
- - Reports potential safety hazards to the manager on duty.
- - Reports all employee accidents to the manager on duty.
- - Informs the manager on duty of any operational inconsistencies.
- - Follows opening, closing, and cleaning duties assigned by manage
- - Positive company morale and professional attitude.
- - Excellent verbal and written skills.
- - Well-organized, multi-tasking and detail-oriented.
- - Must be able to stand, walk, talk and hear.
- - Regularly required to handle food and hot beverages.
- - Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- - Basic accounting skills (counting back change)
- - Patience and appreciation of working with women survivors in a trauma-informed work environment
- - Passion for a commitment to Thistle Farms mission, purpose, and values
- - Typical work week- 30+ hours/week
- - Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting 25 lbs or more, and repetitive hand/wrist motion
- - Work with hot, cold and hazardous equipment
- - May work special events, as needed.
- - Benefits include contributory Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and employee discounts