Global & Finished Goods Buyer
The Global & Finished Goods Buyer will drive all aspects of buying Global and Merchandise finished goods for Thistle Farms Global and the Shop at Thistle Farms. This position is responsible for the sourcing and buying for all Global Shared Trade vendors, along with apparel & merchandise offerings that will support our body/home line for our retail storefront and online market. This person will report to the Director of Global Shared Trade and to meet sales objectives that promote our Global Partners, and compliments our internal line of body/home products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following.
- Research, source and select global and lifestyle products for our storefront and online retail shops.
- Maintain purchasing strategy based on supply and demand, customer feedback, and global initiatives.
- Work with Global Partners on the development of custom products for the Thistle Farms line.
- Report invoices to the appropriate department after orders have been placed.
- Ensure quality control and order accuracy with logistics and customer service.
- Price all products within margin guidelines.
- Train sales staff (store front and events) and logistics team on product knowledge.
- Liaising with existing suppliers and negotiating contracts
- Analyzing past sales patterns to anticipate trends in consumer buying pattern
- Responsible for internal system updating: product creation and management within Shopify, Topshelf & Skubana
- Working with the marketing department to plan and schedule photoshoots as well as integrate global/lifestyle products into seasonal marketing, email, and social media campaigns.
- Responsible for meeting revenue goals and operating budgets with the assistance of Global Director
Education and/or Experience
- Retail sales experience required.
- Retail buying experience preferred.
- Interest in current product trends with an ability to identify products that will appeal to the Thistle Farms customer demographic.
- Interest in global politics and development.
- Ability to quickly learn inventory management systems; experience w/ Shopify, stitch, or top shelf are a +
- High proficiency in excel/google sheets
- Creativity and interest in product development
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Self-motivated and able to foresee tasks that may not be listed but need to be done