Director of Residential Services
This position is responsible for providing effective leadership to Thistle Farms residential program, ensuring efficient operations and service excellence for Thistle Farms residents. This includes exercising sound recovery skills, crisis management, and experience managing a diverse staff. One must be able to foster a work environment that promotes trust, psychological safety, humor, and personal accountability. The ability to develop a trusting and consistent relationship with all residents that will empower and inspire them to achieve their goals is critical.
This individual must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a human services related field and 4 years’ experience working in a human services related field. A minimum of 2 years working in a residential or recovery environment is preferred. In addition, they must have at least 5 years of direct supervision of staff and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Continuously incorporates trauma-informed best practices into day-to-day operations that will contribute to the residents success.
- Works closely with Clinical Director in providing necessary support and intervention for crisis situations.
- Responsible for overseeing new resident intake and onboarding process.
- Coordinates staffing coverage and problem solving that will help maintain a stable and caring environment for residents at all times.
- Provide and/or coordinate ongoing training to staff to further their professional development.
- Provide oversight for upkeep of all Thistle Farms residences, ensuring that they are safe, clean and orderly.
- Review and update written program policies and procedures on an as needed basis.
- Facilitate all weekly residential team meetings.
- Facilitate all residential community meetings whenever possible.
- Works closely with Clinical Director to ensure that each resident’s individual recovery plan is supported and followed.
- Monitors, collects, reviews and submits documentation including, but not limited to timesheets, incident reports, activity calendars, and programmatic outcomes.
- Monitors monthly spending/budgets to ensure fiscal responsibility.
- When requested, provide as needed support for development department by providing necessary information and programmatic outcomes for grant reporting.
- Participates and works collaboratively with all other agency departments.
- Serve as a proactive member of the organization's Senior Leadership team, contributing to the goals and mission of the organization.
- Available 24 hours a day to support staff managing crisis intervention.