Thistle Farms, a nonprofit social enterprise healing, empowering, and employing women survivors of trafficking, prostitution, and addiction is growing their marketing team.
If you love how stories connect people and brands, using social media to grow engagement and recognition, and creating partnerships that help amplify a movement, we may be looking for you.
Your ability to help create powerful content that inspires customers, donors, and advocates to join our movement for women’s freedom has the powerful opportunity to create generational and cultural change.
Social Media Strategy, Content, and Engagement
- Primary steward of strategy, content, and engagement of Thistle Farms’ social profiles
- Maintain a steady stream of content across all organizational social media outlets
- Continually provide insights on best practices, strategic recommendations, and new opportunities
- Coordinate with creative team to publish visual content that is authentic, on brand, and engaging
Content Strategy and Creation
- Manage a calendar of all communication touchpoints and facilitate content deployment across the website, social media, marketing, and media channels
- Primary steward of email marketing content, with a focus on both mission and product information
- Create 4-6 relevant blog posts per month that share our voice on mission relevant topics, feature our activity, and highlight our residents/graduates
- Create and improve product descriptions with SEO best practices
Public Relations, Media and Influencer Management
- Build relationships with key social media influencers
- Manage paid and nurture earned opportunities around promotions, new product launches, seasonality and campaigns
- Manage inbound media inquiries in collaboration with our PR agency
- Partner with relevant content sources to receive approval to publish content on our website and circulate in emails
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Communication.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of relevant experience in marketing with proven success.
- Must have experience and understanding of social media platform management, with a proven track record in follower growth and engagement.
- Social awareness and emotional intelligence to navigate complex and sensitive topics.
- Experience and heart for working in non-profit spaces and a trauma-informed care setting.
- Should be a proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently. Need strong ability to set priorities and solve problems.
- Technically adept and experienced with online tools and systems.