Assistant Director of Residential Services
This position is responsible for assisting the Director of Residential with effective leadership to Thistle Farms residential program, ensuring efficient operations and service excellence for Thistle Farms residents. This includes exercising sound recovery skills, crisis management, and overseeing individual recovery plans. One must be able to foster a work environment that promotes trust, psychological safety, humor, and personal accountability. The ability to develop a trusting and consistent relationship with all residents that will empower and inspire them to achieve their goals is critical.
This individual must have a Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work, or other related field and a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a residential or recovery environment is preferred. In addition, they must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Develop and oversee the personalized individual recovery plans for each resident to address individualized needs and goals
- Ensure individual recovery plan actions are updated in resident charts on a regular basis.
- Provide individual recovery coaching to residents and graduates on an as needed basis.
- Provide clinical consultation and support for crisis intervention.
- Help develop and maintain partnerships with key therapeutic community partners
- Facilitate a weekly group session
- Monitor adherence to legal/ethical guidelines, internal policies, and quality standards
- Participate in weekly residential staff meetings
- Participate on the Leadership Team
- Provide crisis response support after hours for staff as needed on a on call rotation
- Assist with all program operational needs as required
- Provide ongoing consultation to Thistle Farms staff regarding clinical issues affecting residents, graduates, and all staff.
- Provide in-service training for all staff on clinical topics that have the greatest impact on resident and graduate success.