Thank you for wanting to visit Thistle Farms! At 9:00am on the second Wednesday of each month we offer our Meditation that is open to the community. Due to limited space, please make a reservation at least 24 hours in advance. Tours are led by a Thistle Farms employee and begin in the Thistle Stop Cafe at 8:15 before the Meditation.
Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate groups over 12 due to fire codes. We ask that guests for tours and Meditation be high school age or above due to the scope of information covered. If you have any questions or need more information please contact email@example.com.
Schedule a Meditation hereOut of respect for the women's privacy and recovery process, we do not offer tours of the residences.
**Thistle Farms is not a therapeutic space for the community. If you are looking for group counseling please go here.
On Mondays at 11:30 we offer our Lunch and Learn visit. We invite you to enjoy lunch at the Café at 12pm following the 11:30 tour of the Thistle Farms campus. Due to limited space, please make a reservation at least 24 hours in advance. Reserve your spot here.
Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate groups over 12 due to the intimate Café setting. If you have any questions or need more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you'd just like to drop in, we welcome you to come by and shop at Thistle Farms during any open hours ( Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm). Kristin & Jen run the front office and will be happy to help you. Or stop in at Thistle Stop Cafe (Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 3:00 pm; Saturday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm), only two doors down, for a meal or a cup of tea. Please know that we love having visitors, but as a working business, we are unable to offer last-minute tours.
If you or your organization would like a more thorough orientation, consider our Education Workshops, which offer an all-day immersion experience.
Specific tasks available to volunteers depends greatly upon upcoming manufacturing needs and the time of year. Christmas and Mother’s Day are especially busy times for our community. All volunteer opportunities for the upcoming week will be listed on Twitter as needs arise. Stay tuned to Twitter for volunteer listings, or view our Twitter feed below.
Due to limited space, please contact email@example.com to reserve your spot.
Please note: We are not able to guarantee opportunities to individual or group volunteers for the first half of 2017. And, due to the volume of requests received we are unable to accommodate Alternative Spring Break groups for February - March 2017.
We also do not offer community service hours.
Thank you for your understanding!
Volunteer opportunities are typically scheduled between 10am and 3pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Projects range from assisting manufacturing to working with the shipping team. However, this is subject to change. Most projects require some degree of standing, carrying moderate weight and/or repetitive motion. If you have concerns, feel free to reach out.
• Host a Thistle Farms Home Party from anywhere in the world. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Gather materials for welcome and move-out baskets for women coming in and out of the residential program. Please email email@example.com for more info.
• Be a Social Media Advocate on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Remember the hashtag: #loveheals
• Shop at Thistle Farms Global: Shared Trade. Link women globally through sharing the work of our Shared Trade partners.
• Purchase Thistle Farms productsand display in your home and business.
• Attend an Education & Training Workshop.
• Harvest Thistles. We use dried thistles in our handmade paper. Learn here.
• Visit the Thistle Stop Cafe. Help a Thistle Farms employee earn income as well as a tea grower in Uganda.