Neither Thistle Farms nor Magdalene receive any federal funding and depend entirely upon individuals and organizations for financial support. Your gifts and contributions cover the cost of food, housing, medical care, therapy, transportation, education and job training for the Magdalene residents' two years, as residents are never charged for services or rent during their stay in the program.
Give with confidence! Visit givingmatters.com, a resource for donors created by The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee. Read more about Magdalene, including financial information verified by The Community Foundation. Would you like to visit to see how your gifts will be utilized? Contact Marlei at email@example.com, and she would be happy to give you a personal tour and tell you more about the program.
To give with a credit card, please use our PayPal account. Gifts can be made through the "Donate" button below or at the bottom of the page.
Please make checks out to Magdalene, Inc. and send to: Box 6330-B, Nashville, TN 37235.
Gifts Given in Honor or in Memory
If you would like to make a gift to honor someone, we will be happy to send a card letting them know of your thoughtful gift. We will simply need the name and address of the person you would like to honor (or in the case of a memorial gift, the name of their loved one).
- Via PayPal: After clicking on the Donate button above, designate who you are honoring in the "Purpose" box. Follow this with an email to Marlei to confirm their address after submitting the gift. If card needs to be received by a certain date, please specify and we will do our best. Allow at least 1 week for sending out cards.
- Via Mailed Check: Include name and address of honoree with your check. Due to accounting procedures for processing checks, please allow 2-3 weeks upon receipt for card to be mailed.
In Kind Giving
If you are interested in making an In Kind/Non Cash donation of household items, contact Stacye.
We Can Accept:
- Hard-surface furnishings (end/coffee tables, dressers, bed frames, head/foot boards, dinette sets)
- Kitchen necessities, in very good working order (pots/pans/skillets, baking/ovenware, utensils...)
- Dishes, dish sets (plates, cups, bowls...)
- Countertop kitchen appliances in very good working order.
- Floor/table lamps in very good working order.
- Sheet sets, new or gently used. Twin, full or queen size.
- Bath or kitchen towels/wash cloths, hand towels without stains, tears or holes.
- Unopened/unused household cleaning/paper products, trash bags, etc.
We Cannot Accept
- Used clothing, shoes
- Soft surface and/or upholstered furnishings of any kind, including mattresses, pillows, upholstered couches, chairs...
- Decorative items
- Outdoor furniture
- Anything from the CAN ACCEPT list that is broken, stained, dirty, not working as it is supposed to.
Tax acknowledgements for cash and in kind contributions will be sent by standard mail after receipt of the gift - usually in the month following. Please make sure we have your full mailing address and email. Please know that Magdalene can not place a value on In Kind donations. We will acknowledge the gift and the donor should attach their documentation of value to our letter for their records.
Magdalene is a 501 (c) (3) corporation -Thistle Farms is its non-profit business. Donations are tax deductible as allowed by law; please refer to your tax advisor for matters related to your specific gift.
For general questions related to financial gifts and acknowledgements:
For questions related to In Kind/Non Cash gifts: